Free download Organic Chemistry (7th edition) written by John McMurry in .pdf published by Cengage Learning in 2016.
According to the author, “Text content has been updated for greater accuracy as a response to user feedback. Discussions of NMR spectroscopy and opportunities to practice mechanism problems have been expanded substantially for this ninth edition.
- Discussions of interpreting mass spectra have been expanded with new spectroscopy problems included throughout the book.
- Discussions of the theory of nuclear magnetic resonance and interpretation of NMR data have been reorganized and expanded with new NMR problems.
- Why This Chapter now precedes the introduction in each chapter, immediately setting the context for what to expect.
- Mechanism problems at the ends of chapters are now grouped together so that they are easily located.
- Many new problems at the ends of chapters have been added, including 108 new mechanism-drawing practice problems and new spectroscopy and NMR problems.
- Deeper Look features have been changed to Something Extra, with updated coverage on each topic.
- Seven new Practice Your Scientific Analysis and Reasoning essays and corresponding questions modeled on professional tests such as the MCAT. Topics focus on the latest developments in the medical, pharmaceutical, or biological application of organic chemistry. Topics include The Chiral Drug Thalidomide, From Mustard Gas to Alkylating Anticancer Drugs, Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), Thymine in DNA, Melatonin and Serotonin, and The Potent Antibiotic Traits of Endiandric Acid C.”
Organic Chemistry (7th edition) written by John McMurry (Cornell University) in pdf
- Structure and Bonding
- Polar Covalent Bonds; Acids and Bases
- Organic Compounds: Alkanes and Their Stereochemistry
- Organic Compounds: Cycloalkanes and Their Stereochemistry
- Stereochemistry at Tetrahedral Centers
- An Overview of Organic Reactions 149
Practice Your Scientific Analysis and Reasoning I: The Chiral Drug Thalidomide
- Alkenes: Structure and Reactivity
- Alkenes: Reactions and Synthesis
- Alkynes: An Introduction to Organic Synthesis
- Reactions of Alkyl Halides: Nucleophilic Substitutions and Eliminations
Practice Your Scientific Analysis and Reasoning II: From Mustard Gas to Alkylating Anticancer Drugs
- Structure Determination: Mass Spectrometry and Infrared Spectroscopy
- Structure Determination: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Conjugated Compounds and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy
- Benzene and Aromaticity
- Chemistry of Benzene: Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution
- Alcohols and Phenols
- Ethers and Epoxides; Thiols and Sulfides – Preview of Carbonyl Chemistry
- Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition Reactions
Practice Your Scientific Analysis and Reasoning IV: Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Carboxylic Acids and Nitriles
- Carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution Reactions
- Carbonyl Alpha-Substitution Reactions
- Carbonyl Condensation Reactions
Practice Your Scientific Analysis and Reasoning V: Thymine in DNA
- Amines and Heterocycles
- Biomolecules: Carbohydrates
- Biomolecules: Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
- Biomolecules: Lipids
Practice Your Scientific Analysis and Reasoning VI: Melatonin and Serotonin
- Biomolecules: Nucleic Acids
- The Organic Chemistry of Metabolic Pathways
- Orbitals and Organic Chemistry: Pericyclic Reactions
Practice Your Scientific Analysis and Reasoning VII: The Potent Antibiotic Traits of Endiandric Acid C
- Synthetic Polymers