- SET Exam 2017
- Candidates who qualify in the Test are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission. They will be given a pass-certificate and the validity period of certificate is forever.
SET Exam Pattern 2017
- The SET will be conducted in a objective mode from 2015 onwards. The Test will consists of three papers. To evaluate the General Aptitude of the candidates, there will be one common paper (Paper-I) for all and it will contain 60 questions of 2 marks each, and the candidates will have to answer 50 questions only.
- The Second and Third paper will be on the subject concerned. The second paper will have 50 compulsory questions of 2 marks each. For Third paper, there will be 75 compulsory questions of 2 marks each.
- Download SET / SLET Exam Syllabus 2017(COMING SOON)
SET Eligibility 2017
- Any Indian National who obtained Master Degree with atleast 55% marks is eligible to sit in the SET. However in the case of SC/ST candidate the minimum requirement of mark is 50% on the subject he/she opts to appear. Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks in case of General candidates (or 49.99% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) in Master Degree examination are not eligible for this Test. There is no provision of rounding up of marks to make it 55% ( 50% for SC/ST).
- Age limit and number of chances (i) There is no age limit. (ii) A candidate can avail any number of chances.
The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master’s Degree in Physics / Electronics / Atomic & Molecular Physics / Classical Dynamics / Condensed matter Physics / Electromagnetic / Experimental Design / Nuclear, Space & Particle Physics / Quantum Physics / Thermodynamics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and other related subjects can take SET examination under “Physical Sciences”.
The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their Master’s Degree in Pure Mathematics / Statistics / Applied Mathematics, Mathematics with computer science & other related subjects can take SET examination under “Mathematical Sciences”.
The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their Master’s Degree in Chemistry / Chemical Sciences / Analytical Chemistry / Inorganic Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Physical Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Nuclear Chemistry / Environmental Chemistry / Marine Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Bio-organic Chemistry & other related subjects can take SET examination under“Chemical Sciences”.
The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master’s Degree in Biochemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Biodiversity & Taxonomy / Botany / Genetics / Microbiology / Physiology/ Zoology / Fishery science / Animal Biology / Marine Biology / Applied Genetics & other related can take SET examination under “Life Sciences”.
The candidates who have completed/appearing in their Master’s Degree in Geology / Applied Geology / Geo-physics / Meteorology / Oceanography / Physical Geography / Earth Science / Earth & Atmospheric Science / Earth Science Resource Management / Marine Geology / Petroleum Geology / Geo-informatics / GIS / Applied Geochemistry / Geography & other related subjects can take SET examination under“Earth Sciences”.
The candidates who have completed their Master’s Degree or equivalent degree in related subjects of Economics, History and Management can also take SET examination.
Candidates who are appearing (Final year) in their Master Degree examination can also apply for SET.
Those postgraduate students who have passed post graduate examination in more than one subject can appear for SET examination only in one subject at a time
SCOPE OF NET/SLET
SCOPE OF NET/SLET