NOTE ANY ANSWER GIVEN IS NOT THE REAL ANSWER USE YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO SOLVE THESE QUESTIONS SO FAR
Assignment CHEMICAL KINETICS (UNSOLVED)( D MAY NOT BE THE CORRECT!)
CSIR NET & GATE QUIZ
- 1. For the reaction 2NO (g) +2H2(g)→ N2 (g) +2H2O(g) the rate expression can be written in the following ways:
The relationship between k’1 k’1 and k”1 is: (GATE 1998
- k = k1 = k’1 = k”1
- k = 2 k1 = k’1 = k”1
- k = 2 k’1 = k1 = k”1
- k = k1 = k’1 = 2 k”1
- For the reaction 2 X3 = 3 X2, the rate of formation of X2 is: (GATE 2008)
- 3(-d[X3] / dt)
- 1/2 (-d[X3] / dt)
- 1/3 (-d[X3] / dt)
- 3/2 (-d[X3] / dt)
- For a reaction, 2A + B → 3 Z, if the rate of consumption of A is2 x 10-4 mole dm-3 s-1, the rate of formation of Z (in mole dm-3 s-1) will be- (CSIR JUNE 2015, Part B)
- 3 x 10-4
- 2 x 10-4
- (4/3) x 10-4
- (d) 4 x 10-4
- If the rate laws are expressed in concentration unit mol dm-3, the unit of the third order reaction rate constant is: (GATE 1995)
- dm3 mol1 sec1
- dm3 mol-1 sec-1
- dm6 mol-2 sec-1
- dm-3 mol1 sec-1
- For the reaction A→ products the plot of |A| versus time is a straight line. The order of the reaction is-
- For a first order reaction, the half-life is 50s. Identify the correct statement from the following
- (a) The reaction is complete in 100s
- (b) The reaction begins after 50s
- (c) The same quantity of A is consumed for every 50s of the reaction.
- (d) Quantity of A remaining after 100s is half of what remains after 50s.
- For the reaction 2A+B →C+2D which is first order in A and first order in B, the rate is given by
- k[A]2 [B]
- In a first order reaction, if the time taken for completion of 50 percent of the reaction is t seconds, the time required for completion of 99.9 per cent of the reaction is:
- 10 t
- 5 t
- 100 t
- 2 t
- A reaction follows second order rate law, - d [A] / dt = k [A]2, if -
- A plot of [A] versus t is a straight line.
- A plot of 1/ [A] versus t is a straight line.
- A plot of ln [A] versus t is a straight line.
- A plot of e [A] versus t is a straight line.
- The value of the rate of constant for the gas phase reaction 2NO2 + F2→2NO2F is 38 dm3 mol-1 sec -1 at 300K. The order of the reaction is:
- For the reaction P+Q+R →S, experimental data for the measured initial rates is given below.
Expt. Initial Conc P (M) Initial Conc Q (M) Initial Conc R (M) Initial Rate(MS-1)
1 0.2 0.5 0.4 8.0 x 10-5
2 0.4 0.5 0.4 3.2 x 10-4
3 0.4 2.0 0.4 1.28 x 10-3
4 0.1 0.25 1.6 4.0 x 10-5
The order of the reaction with respect to P, Q and R respectively is:
- 2, 2, 1
- 2, 1, 2
- 2, 1, 1
- 1, 1, 2